R. Curtis Spence, P.E., President
• Ohio Licensed Professional Engineer: #E-55615
Fields of Competence
• Environmental permitting of air and water discharges.
• Environmental compliance plans for oil and hazardous materials storage and storm water
• Property assessments for real estate transactions.
• Groundwater investigations and aquifer characterization testing.
• Underground storage tank corrective action.
• Remedial feasibility studies and design testing.
• Remedial design and construction management.
Over twenty years of environmental and geotechnical consulting experience with emphasis in environmental compliance and permitting; environmental assessment; soil and groundwater investigations; storage tank services; and design, installation and operation of soil and groundwater remediation systems. Also, developed and managed a team of 12 engineers, geologists, scientists and support staff providing environmental, geotechnical and materials testing and inspection services for a regional consulting firm.
• M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1989
• B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1987
• Past President, Central Ohio Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers
• Chi Epsilon - National Civil Engineering Honor Society
• Environmental Consultant for the Ohio Ready Mixed Concrete Association
• Ohio Aggregates and Industrial Minerals Association Environmental Committee Members
Regular contributor to the “Concrete Connection”, the monthly newsletter for the Ohio Ready Mixed Concrete Association.
Prepared Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP’s) for industrial facilities and construction projects throughout Ohio and neighboring states.
Prepared SPCC Plans and Facility Response Plans (FRP’s) and designed secondary containment systems for two 10 million gallon liquid asphalt terminals in Ohio.
Prepared Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans for ODOT construction projects including and major interstate reconstruction projects, bridge projects and the U.S. 33 Nelsonville by-pass.
Prepared air permit applications for ready mixed concrete plants and other industrial operations in Ohio.
Prepared NPDES applications, pre-treatment applications and performed wastewater sampling and analysis for industrial facilities in Ohio.
Prepared Environmental Protection Plan, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan and NPDES permit applications for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Marmet Lock and Dam Project in Belle, West Virginia.
Managed RCRA closure activities at industrial facilities including waste treatment lagoons at a chemical manufacturing facility.
Performed remedial feasibility studies at industrial sites and landfills with and subsurface impacts from releases of chlorinated solvents.
Designed and operated a soil and groundwater remediation systems using in-situ bioremediation, free-product recovery and groundwater pump and treat including air stripping and activated carbon adsorption.